Saturday, April 24, 2010

Preparation is complete - let's go


After months of training, planning, and thinking about the great adventure across America, it is almost time to go. I will be riding my bike from Los Angeles to Boston with several other crazies who have signed up with Crossroads Cycling. This will certainly be quite the adventure, traveling an average of 80 miles a day. Of course some days will be shorter and some longer, but all of them should prove to be a challenge. I have been seriously training for the past year. I know that I need all this training just to survive. The training itself was quite a challenge at times. But with the help of my coach, Tracey, from CTS, I made a lot of progress during the year. Now just to remember everything I have learned.
I fly to LA on May 6th and we start riding on May 9th. My bike was shipped on Monday and Fed Ex was very efficient and it is already at the hotel. I know it must be lonely without me. The first week involves deserts and mountain passes. So wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Jan. Hope to see lots of pictures from across the country. See you at Revere Beach !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair winds and a following Sea
    ohmranger1

    ReplyDelete