Monday, October 10, 2011

ES11 - Beaufort SC to Savannah GA

Miles: 48

Today was a day when you had to be certifiably insane to get on a bike and rode down the South Carolina roads. The rain was coming down and gusty winds were blowing. The prediction was for several inches of rain and continuing rain. But off we went. We rode through some areas that would have been beautiful if it was not raining so hard. As it was you had to just put your head down and watch for the puddles in front of you and the cars behind. We were soaked within 10 minutes but never got too awfully cold. Fortunately I was riding with 3 other riders all day. It was a day you needed strength in numbers. The picture is of a very wet Hank, Mike, Charlie and Jan at the end of the ride. Tomorrow is a day off in Savannah.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo! I am reminded of last year's ride, both on the morning leaving Indianapolis and on the afternoon arriving in Canandaigua.

    Keep moving. Enjoy your day off.

    I wish I were there with you!

    ReplyDelete