Monday, October 3, 2011

ES11 - Virginia Beach VA to Kill Devil Hill NC

Miles: 82

This group kind of takes over the hotel we are in. At least that is true in the mornings when we all come down for breakfast. As you can see from the first picture the halls were lined with bikes this morning.

The picture of the four bikers is Ilze, Barbara, Beverly and I as we headed out for the day. We leave 30 minutes earlier than the rest of the riders. Of course we are always caught during the day, but this helps keep the group closer together.

We crossed into NC today. I thought the bear crossing sign to be quite unusual. Maybe this state is wilder than I thought.

We are right on the ocean tonight. I have the door open to the balcony in my room. So I will be able to hear the ocean all night long.

On the way in today, several of us stopped at the Wright Brothers Museum. This is where they did their flights. It was interesting to see replicas of their plane. Some of our riders were/are pilots. So they were extremely interested.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment: