Saturday, October 1, 2011

ES11 - Dewey Beach DE to Pokomoke MD

Miles: 65.5

Today was a great ride. A cold front has moved into the area so we had to bundle up a little more this morning. The wind was blowing all day - from the side or a headwind. This was my kind of riding - flat roads and wind. Been there done that a whole lot.

There are a few of us slower riders who leave early. Today we left 45 minutes early. Since there were no hills and I didn't have trouble with my saddle, I made it to the SAG before the Big Dogs. The Big dogs are the first ones in every day. When we get to the SAG we have to sign in. I took a picture of the nearly empty sign in sheet because I was so excited to not be the last one there!

The roads were pretty good. Most places there were wide shoulders. However, there were a few miles with rumble strips on the shoulder. Unfortunately there were a couple of places where the shoulder was so narrow the rumble strip filled it all up.

The first part of the ride we came down the Delaware coast through the seaside dunes and towns. Once we got into Maryland we rode through some very pretty farm areas.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment