Thursday, June 5, 2014

Almost through Kansas

We have had some beautiful days of riding to Abilene and then to Topeka. The flat western Kansas has changed to luscious green rolling hills. Of course the riding is harder in the hills but the scenery is amazing. In between the riding we had a great day of rest in Abilene.

Carol is gone and that is sad. She is a good friend as well as an amazing food preparation lady. So she officially handed the kitchen over to Eileen and I. We had our first SAG responsibility day today. I guess the food was OK. No one complained anyway.

Yesterday was marred by construction that we couldn't get through. The result of that was having to take a detour which dropped us off onto I70. That was not fun. I took the first exit back off. Then I was trying to figure out how to get to the hotel because I was way off route. That would have been easy with Google maps but my phone battery died. I followed the sounds of the freeway and headed in what I hoped was the right direction. As soon as I could, I used the old fashioned method of asking directions. I was heading the correct way and made it in.

There was no chance to have dinner last night as Eileen and I had to go shopping for food for the next day and then prepare it. We were cleaning dishes in the very small bathroom, cutting food at the desk, etc. Hopefully the food preparation will go easier going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment