Friday, June 20, 2014

Ohio and PA

I was chastised by the Brickster today for the lack of blog entries. And he was on target with his chastisement. I have been completely remiss with writing in my blog. Maybe by the end of writing today I will understand why and let you know.

So we traveled through Ohio. For those of you who have done this trip you know it is the state with the most potholes in their roads. And they haven't fixed them. The countryside is pretty but you spend so much time focused on the road that you can't really see much of it. I did my usual riding and driving for the days we traveled there. I have to confess that I didn't ride the hills to Wooster. They did not look nearly so steep from the inside of the van.

On the day from Wooster to Erie, it started out innocent enough. I was driving the truck and just as I approached Rik and Tom at about mile 20 I saw a bolt of lightening and a very dark sky. They flagged me down, got their bikes in the truck, and we assessed the situation. Luckily we found a church that had a picnic shelter on the property. As the sky got darker and rain started to fall, we were able to gather the riders off the road and get them under the shelter. It seemed like a great place to have the SAG and we all had fun for the next hour. Then the sky started to clear and the rest of the day was great.

The rest day in Erie was welcomed by all. I personally did very little. I guess I was tired. The night we got there a huge storm hit. Boy we were glad no one was out on the road. That would have been a very serious situation.

Today we moved into NY. I drove SAG van so didn't get to ride. I am looking forward to riding tomorrow. This week is the best riding of the whole trip in my opinion. However it is sad also because the trip is almost over.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update. Next week will go all too quickly. xo

    ReplyDelete