Wednesday, March 14, 2012

And the Adventure Continues


It seems like once I started wandering around the country on my bike, I didn't want to stop. So I am off tomorrow for Fredricksburg, TX, to once again tackle the hill country. I am not sure who will be there this year, however, it will be an adventure no matter who is there. And since I will probably be trailing along behind everyone, I will be able to stop, smell the roses, and take lots of pictures.

The picture is of my new bike. If you have not heard the story, when I arrived back from the East Coast trip, I took my trusty Trek in for an overhaul. The rain and the roads had been rough on it, I was sure. Well, the trusty Trek was not so trusty. Much to my surprise it had a cracked frame. Oh no..... No, the Trek warranty was not useful, at all. However, the owner of the Trek store told me I could buy whatever bike I wanted at his cost. So I didn't go looking for another brand. I really had liked the fit and ride of the Trek. So I got a 2012 and it is a beautiful bike.

I guess in Fred I will find out how good the training has been over the winter. We had a very mild winter so there is no excuse this year!

I have two days of driving to reach Fred and then the riding will begin.

1 comment:

  1. Have lots of good times, on and off the bike. Wish I could be there. Tommy D.

    ReplyDelete