Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 6 Wind - Day 7 Fantastic Weather and Ride








Thursday may have been the hardest day of riding for me. I had decided to go less than 20 miles because I was already tired when I left. I rode by myself and went north of town. Unfortunately the wind was coming from the south and when I turned to come back I was in big trouble. I thought the last 5 miles in was mostly downhill. I was WRONG. It was an uphill grade and 20-25 mile per hour headwind. Even the big dogs struggled with it. But I made it in and it was a good training ride.

Today was wonderful. Unbelievably there was no wind. Incredibly beautiful day. I sort of rode with the big dogs the first 6 miles. They were taking it easy to warm up and I was struggling to stay with them. But at least I got my picture with Jim Doc and Mac at the top of the hill. After that they were gone! Except for poor Gary. He decided to experience riding without a saddle. Well not on purpose. The bolt broke that was holding it on. He had to be rescued by Tracy.

It was a fantastic riding day. Mike and I decided to take our time and really enjoy the countryside. It was not about how fast or how powerful we could ride. It was about how much we enjoyed the countryside and the weather. We ended up with 43 miles which was a nice distance. This has been such a great week of riding. And the dinners with the "gang" have been so much fun as well.

Tomorrow I head home. I will drive halfway to Clinton, Mississippi. After a night there I will ride the Natchez Trace Parkway. I have heard it is very beautiful so will use Sunday to explore that. Then home on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment