Thursday, September 22, 2011

ES11 - Day 1 Portland ME to Portsmouth NH

Miles: 72
Weather: Rain all day; temperature in the 60s

First day of the ride is complete. We woke up to rain and it never stopped all day. Fortunately the temperature was in the mid 60s. So while I was soaked completely all the way through, I didn't get cold. I have never been as wet and dirty as at the end of this ride.
We came down the coastal roads most of the day. This would have been a majestic ride if it had not been raining. There were several spots along the way where the ocean vista was great. We went through Kennebunkport and saw the Bush estate off in the distance. The countryside was beautiful even in the rain.

The drivers were pretty good. But it is quite difficult to ride when there are puddles along the side and you can't really see the potholes. Fortunately I made it through safely.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment