Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ES11 - Somerset NJ to Hammonton NJ

Miles: 85

This might be short because I am really tired tonight. I heard rain all night long and expected the worst for the morning. The roads were wet but it wasn't raining. The first miles going out of town had heavy travel and little or no shoulders. So it was a bit dicey for awhile.

I was having a good ride until I started having problems with the saddle again. The problems continued all day. So that was a bit discouraging.

I got caught in a big rainstorm. Since it was hard to see down the road I took shelter on a porch until it let up. Then I went half a mile down the road and found other riders having lunch in a restaurant. They missed the whole storm. Lucky for them

There are a lot of nurseries along the road. All of them have loads of beautiful mums. The countryside changed to more open spaces and farms. There were cornfields, soybean fields, and blueberry fields. There was much less climbing today.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, I am really enjoying reading your blog. I wish I were there riding with you - in spite of the hills and rain, it sounds like a great adventure.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete