Sunday, September 25, 2011

ES11 - Windsor Locks CT to Fishkill NY

Miles: 81 of 95
Elevation Gain: 5000 to 6000 ft

The picture tells the story. Remember what goes down must go back up in this area. I have never seen so many grade warnings in a stretch of road in my life. This was one tough day of climbing. It was up and down all day with four long steep climbs.

I was riding by myself today. I had a good day. But at mile 81 I just decided it would be 7 pm before I would get to the hotel. So I decided to live for another day and rode in with the SAG van.

This is really pretty country. There was a lot of traffic on the roads. I think people are starting to come view the foliage. The weather was perfect - mostly cloudy with no rain.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment