Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ES11 - Suffern NY to Somerset NJ

Miles: 67.9
Elevation Gain: 3000 ft

Yesterday was such a beautiful ride. Today was a ride of 100 turns. Well it might not have been 100 turns but it was a lot. We basically wormed out way through the streets, towns, residential areas to get here. The views were not nearly so great. The traffic was pretty heavy and the roads were rough. However I had no trouble with the drivers. In fact some stopped to let us make safe left hand turns.

It was rather foggy when we left this morning. Once that disappeared there was a cloud cover which kept the heat down. Some of the riders saw deer today. Unfortunately I only saw a couple of dead ones along the road.

There was a lot of climbing today. They were not long climbs but some were quite steep. The picture of the cemetery was taken at the top of a really steep hill. I thought it was appropriate for how I was feeling at the time.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Jan, you are a bada$$. That is all I gosta say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jan... Just got back from our west trip a few hours ago. I read all your entries with much interest. You are gutsy for sure and I know you are having a fun time. Wishing you the best! Please give all the XC2010 riders our greetings! We traveled some of the same roads we biked last year, including the road into Dalhart, TX and some roads in OK and KS. Did not eat at the same restaurant in Dalhart though. :) Be safe - ALL OF YOU!
    Janie & LaVern

    ReplyDelete