Monday, September 26, 2011

ES11 - Fishkill NY to Suffern NY

Miles: 53
Elevation gain: plenty

Last night during the night I woke up and was hurting all over. I was wondering why I was putting myself through this. During the ride today I remembered why. I think this was by far the best ride I have done in a long time. That is until the last 5 miles coming into town.

We left Fishkill and rode down the valley along the Hudson River. We couldn't see the river but the countryside was pretty. Soon after we crossed the river we started a 1.8 mile climb through Bear Mtn park. I didn't even mind the climb because there were trees changing colors on both sides of the road. I went down the descent as slow as possible because I didn't want to leave the sights, smells, and sounds. There were several small lakes that were perfectly still and the reflections were pristine.

After the SAG stop we rode along Seven Lake Dr. Yes there were at least seven beautiful lakes. At one point we came across a section of road that had been washed out during the storms. The water just picked up a section of the road and moved it about 30 degrees headed into the lake on the other side of the road. The section that was moved looked like a lava flow.
The ride into town was not so much fun. The roads were busy and full of potholes. We always get to a point where the ride out of town is as easy as possible in the morning.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment