Monday, June 24, 2013

Across NY to Syracuse and on to Little Falls

We are quickly marching (cycling) across New York. On the way to Syracuse we crossed the 3000 mile mark. It is very hard to believe that we have come so far and are so near the end.

Unfortunately the day to Syracuse was marked by an accident. Coming through Waterloo my riding partner fell. The shoulder had a very hard to see curb on it. So when he went to get out of the traffic lane his bike went out from under him. Fortunately he had no broken bones but did suffer severe road rash. Thank goodness for bicycle helmets. They do their job. I was right behind him and was sure I was going down also. But somehow my bike stayed upright and only suffered some spokes needing adjustment. Hank will be back on his bike tomorrow.

We have been riding along the Erie Canal for two days. It is amazing to think of the commerce that went down that river in its hayday.

The best thing about going through Syracuse is seeing my friend and former CSC colleague Shelia. She came and picked me up and we had a very nice dinner and caught up on our lives since the last time I saw her in 2010 when I came through.

We also passed what is claimed to be the worlds smallest church. If you look closely, you can see a blue heron attending services (on the left). Oh yes and you can see that you can evens lie the job of luggage delivery fun if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment