Sunday, June 16, 2013

Now in Ohio

Today was one of the best days of the ride. We left Richmond in a drizzling rain to cross the border into Ohio at about mile three. Right after shooting a picture of the sign and starting down the road the sky's opened up and I was quickly soaked through. At about mile 16 I began to think that maybe my riding day would be short. But the rain let up so I convinced myself that I could make int to the SAG at mile 41. The rain quit and the quiet country roads were wonderful. So off to the second SAG I went which was at mile 78. By then the weather was almost sunny and the wind was very favorable. So along with Jeanne, I decided to go for the full 104 miles to Marysville. There were some moments of doubt as we has to climb out of town. But a gel and some Ibupropen at the top of the hill gave me a boost. And it was downhill with a tailwind after that. The countryside was fantastic. So I was very glad I has continued on.

Tracy was on her element today. We encountered a bridge under repair. Normally this would have resulted in a detour. However because it was Sunday and no one was working she just has us walk our bikes across. She loves being able to do this.

More long days coming up before Erie.

2 comments:

  1. I think your next stop is Wooster. I well remember when you and I rode into that city. There were potholes in the road that were big enough to swallow us and our bikes together! Hope it's better now! Stay safe and have great fun.

    ReplyDelete