Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Brattleboro Vt

Wow. It is almost over. It is so hard to believe. The time has really gone by fast.

I do have to admit that this morning was not one of my better riding days. There were hills right out of town Andy legs didn't like them. Them it started to rain. I didn't like that although I really was quite a wimp about it. Then my bottom doesn't like the saddle. So you see where I am going with this. Yup I talked myself out of riding at the first SAG. That is easy to do when you have been on the ride before and have set no specific goals for this one but the goal to have fun. So I kept Robin company in the sweep van.

Robin and I had a good time on the seven mile climb. We were parked about a mile from the top. Having no cow bell with us, we decided to make our own music. Rocks pounded on the guard rail can really be quite loud as they echo down the mountainside in the rain. At one point Don Berens from ES11 joined our concert. Don had very kindly ferried one of the riders from the hotel down the road this morning. The rider had left his wallet on Ruby Tuesday the night before. Since it didn't open until late in the morning, Don was indeed a life saver to him.

We crossed into Vermont today. The painted animals on the street corners in one of the towns were cougars.

Oh yes the picture of the riders is of the early morning scouts. Hank, Jeanne, Sherman, and I. I don't think it is a coincidence that the early scouts are the two oldest men and two oldest women riders. But we do a really good job of reporting back on any unexpected construction on the roads.

1 comment:

  1. If my memory serves well, the White Mountains of NH will be a wonderfully scenic, but arduous, ride. Ride on! Have a great time and enjoy what's left of this great adventure!

    ReplyDelete