Saturday, June 22, 2013

Canandaguia NY

We are now in the beautiful finger lake region of upper New York State. Another great weather day with sunshine and some heat. I woke up this morning and really did not feel like 93 miles in the saddle. But out I went leaving early with Hank and Tracy (Crossroads owner). As I was huffing and puffing trying to hang on their wheel going up the hills, Tracy asked how far I was riding today. After trying to respond "the whole way" Hank suggested I get in the truck at the SAG at 30 miles. Then I could ride in with h and Tracy to the hotel and deliver bags to the rooms. That way her husband Larry could hop on his bike and get a nice 60 mile bike ride. Didn't take me long to think about that one. So the three of us had a fun, laughing trip to the hotel. There are good things about having done this before. I can have an excuse to cut the ride short when I feel like it.

Today Don Berens joined us to ride to the first SAG. He lives in New York and was on the East Coast ride on 2011. It is so much fun to see riders from past rides. I also received an email from Craig Probst. He, Sam Watson, Chris Hall, Jyl, Jim Hall, and Ann Smith were all doing Bike Virginia. They were all on the XC10 ride. It is wonderful the friendships you make on these rides.

A week from today this will all be a memory and I will be in Boston with Jen, Doug, Jack and their family there. Then Jack and I will fly to South Carolina on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. You are a marvel, Jan. Fun following your trek across the States, but glad it was only a virtual trip for me.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the time you have left on this trip! You'll be at Revere Beach before you know it. Wish I were there with you!

    ReplyDelete