Friday, June 21, 2013

Now in New York

After a very nice rear day in Erie PA we pedaled 80 miles to Hamburg NY. So the hearty group has crossed into another state. We left Daniel this morning. He had joined us in Topeka and at Erie he left to go home to Annapolis Md. He is pedaling there by himself. This was his plan from the beginning. I enjoyed watching him relax over the days he rode with us. We will miss him. Larry Potter has rejoined us and will go the rest of the way to Boston.

I enjoyed the rest day in Erie. The stay at the Sheraton down on the lake was superb. I could have used another day of rest. This day seemed particularly hard. At one point I wanted to get off my bike and just ride in a van to Boston. But I got over that a few miles down the road. I think I have reached a fundamental limit of the amount of gels I can consume. They now almost make me gag. I don't even want to know how many I have used on this trip.

We rode along Lake Erie all day. We could see the lake most of the time. And we saw a lot of vineyards. Many of them seemed to be growing Concord grapes. There were a few vineyards here and there. But no stopping at them.

Now we turn east and travel through New York for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment