Tuesday, June 4, 2013

McPerson to Abilene

On to Abilene, the home of Dwight David Eisenhower. We started out in the morning with pretty much quartering headwinds. Not blowing quite as hard as some days. But still enough to put a crimp in your style. Fortunately Tracy, Crossroads owner, decided to ride with me. Actually help me is a better term. So I drafted behind her the entire day.

At 22 miles we turned north. How sweet that was. Now it was mostly tailwind. So I shifted to the big ring in front, tucked in behind Tracy, and flew down the road. At the SAG Becky, the young girl from England, joined us and she pulled us into town. It was such a fun day for riding.

Last night after dinner we did a trolley ride around Abilene. It was quite fun to see parts of the city that you don't see riding through on a bike. And of course you see what the tourist industry wants you to see. Not sure what I will do today except rest.

1 comment:

  1. Jan - just to let you know how much I'm enjoying your blogs...Your photos are great and even with winds, hills etc it sounds like you are having fun and that is what it's all about....Take good care...bob

    ReplyDelete