Monday, June 10, 2013

To Quincy Illinois and on to Springfield Illlinois

For those of you who follow the blog daily you will notice a couple of days when I don't post anything about the ride. I have to admit those are days when I am not happy with my ride.

The ride to Quincy was one of those days. We left in the morning with a threat of rain. I noticed after a few miles that I wanted the ride to be over quickly. Then I told myself I should be enjoying the scenery because I may never be in this location again. That improved my mood for a short time. But alas the improved mood quickly disappeared when it started raining. I got wetter and wetter and started thinking I was not having fun. The other alternative was to just accept being wet and looking at the positive aspects of the ride. Bottom line is that I got in the van at mile 50. I did enjoy the rest of the day in the van talking with Robin. But I wasn't particularly happy with myself.

Oh yes, we crossed the 2000 mile mark.

This morning I faced a 107 mile ride to Springfield. I really did not want to get up and do it. But Jeanne and I had promised each other that we would stick together and so the whole ride. So off we went at 6:30 am. It was amazing. The ride felt good from the beginning and I enjoyed the day. We did the entire ride. A cloud cover, tailwinds, and some flat terrain helped that. But Illinois is not all flat. We had quite a large number of rollers during the day.

1 comment:

  1. Jan,
    You are amazing in what you are accomplishing.
    The miles are sometimes difficult but most don't even attempt what you are doing!!
    Rain or shine, 1 mile or 100, you are the best.
    Blessings

    Tom
    XC12

    ReplyDelete