Friday, May 31, 2013

Liberal to Dodge City Kansas

Sitting on my bed watching the weather channel and the tornadoes in Oklahoma. I feel so badly for those people. And I am so glad we are behind the tornadoes.

The winds were nowhere near so favorable today. There was a crosswind for the first 60 miles with some quartering headwinds. Then at mile 60 we turned directly north into a direct headwind. Fortunately the long tall Texan Rik, the mechanic, pulled me through the next 22 miles. I would have been out there at least another hour if I had been riding on my own. So he well deserved the milkshake at the Dairy Queen when we got to the hotel. Even with the wind it was a good ride.

The countryside is changing. I have not seen any cornfields yet. But we are now seeing grain elevators on the small towns that we pass through. You can see the elevators many miles away and wonder when you will ever get to them.

Today we had a SAG stop at the Dalton Gang Hideout. So we are passing through Wild West history.

No comments:

Post a Comment