Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sailing in the Wind - Dalhart TX to Guyman OK

What an amazing ride today. The tailwinds literally blew us down the road to Guyman. My power meter showed me exerting no effort while going down the road at 20 mph. Now that was fun. I averaged 19 mph for 72 miles.

The road was almost perfectly straight the entire way. And there was a good burn to ride on. Well most of the time that is. There was a section of road work where they were repairing the shoulder. It was chip seal that had not been sealed. So it wants a bit rough. But I preferred that to have an 18 wheeler come within inches of me going 70 mph.

The scenery was quite boring today. There were a few small feedlots, a couple of oil rigs, some wind turbines and very small towns.

We crossed into Oklahoma today. This afternoon they posted a tornado watch until 10 pm tonight. So we were all glad we got in early.

I took a picture of the Texas waffle just to remind Chris Hall of the delightful morning treat.

1 comment: