Friday, May 21, 2010

Albuquerque to Santa Fe

Miles: 66.4
Elevation gain: 5300 ft

Today was quite difficult physically but mentally it was great. Because we were going to climb all day, I knew I would be back at the end and decided to just enjoy the day.

Once we got 20 miles out of town the scenery turned spectacular. The cactus were in bloom and they are an interesting site. Look like little trees. Most of my day was spent in the granny gear. There were respites from the climbing but everytime we came down it meant there was more climbing to get to Santa Fe which is at 7000 ft. The weather as great again. There was a tailwind in the afternoon. Beautiful clear skies. But it did get above 100 on my bike computer. I was very glad to arrive at the hotel and very happy that I could do the day of climbing.

Tomorrow is a rest day and we are all ready for it.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a great day - that is truly a beautiful road when the weather cooperates - we had cold, drizzle and gray skies last year. Enjoy your day of rest, it's all downhill from Santa Fe.

    ReplyDelete