Friday, May 28, 2010

Liberal KS to Dodge City KS

Miles: 83
Elevation gain: 1200 ft

Another wonderful day for riding. We had sunshine, cross winds, and a wonderful tail wind for the last 20 miles. It is starting to get hotter and more humid. But it is still tolerable.

Yes, I found the Yellow Brick Road last night. It was kind of a hokey place but you can see the yellow bricks.

This part of Kansas is very pretty. There are lots of big irrigation circles with wheat growing on them which is already quite high. The picture is of two old grain silos. Seeing them brought back memories of one summer when my dad and I built one of them.

Our SAG stop was at the Dalton Gang Hideout. There is a lot of cowboy history in this area.

I had my first flat today caused by a small wire in the tire. Fortunately I was riding with the mechanic at the time. He got the wire out and we put CO2 in and made it to the van. The picture is of 4 Crossroads staff fixing the flat. Great service.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment