Monday, May 24, 2010

Las Vegas to Tucumcari NM

Miles: 88 out of 108
Elevation Gain: 4100

Another excellent adventure day. We climbed 4100 ft but ended up 2000 ft lower than last night. Along the way we crossed our 1000 mile mark. It is hard for me to believe we have ridden that far.
The sun was shining and the wind was blowing. A cold front was moving in so we got hammered with the wind. Mostly it was a crosswind or tailwind. But for the entire day you had to be constantly alert to what the wind was doing. So there was no relaxing on the bike.

I took a bump in the van for 20 miles. By the time the day was over I was really glad for that decision. I was plenty satisfied with 88 miles of riding.

We went through an area of red rock and sandstone. It was the most beautiful scenery of anywhere on the trip. Tomorrow we go downhill and cross into Texas. Only one night in Texas.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Your ride today was one of my favorate rides from last year as the scenary was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    Keep up the good work.
    I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to seeing your daily posts.
    I will be riding with Crossroads next year on the XC ride so reading this years rider blogs gives me inspiration.
    Keep the wind at your back and ride safe.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete