Sunday, May 16, 2010

Glorious Rest Day

Rest day is a wonderful thing. We get to sleep in and just take it a bit easy. I am getting a massage at 1 and that will be wonderful. Of course we had to catch up on our laundry. The picture is of Janie and I waiting for it to get done. And the other big event of the day is giving the bikes a thorough cleaning.

On a riding day everything feels rushed. Breakfast is at the hotel or a restraunt close by. We bring our bags out to the truck, pump up bike tires, sign out and start rolling be 7:15 am. The cue sheets have been excellent. If you actually follow them, it is easy to find your way. The mileage on them is spot on. Because I am a slow rider, I don't get to stop much or very long along the way. That is my only regret. We straggle into the hotel several hours apart. As soon as we get in we have to find someplace with chocolate milk or some kind of recovery drink and some food to eat. There might be time for a dip in the pool. Route rap is at 5:45. That is when we learn aboute the route for the next day. Of course before that we have done laundry, even if that is just washing shorts and jersey's out in the sink. After route rap we are off to eat. Then back to our rooms to get everything prepared for the ride the next day. I am in bed by 8:30. It is a busy day.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment