Sunday, May 30, 2010

Great Bend to McPherson

Miles: 42 (out of 62)
Elevation gain: 1000 ft

Another day on the plains of Kansas. My legs forgot to come to work this morning. From the first they did not want to go and I just couldn't get my speed up. So at 10 miles, I took a 20 mile bump in the van. I would have been out there until late afternoon otherwise.

The countryside was very pretty. The fields of corn were deep green. I tried to take a picture os the hay fields with the big circle bales but you can't really see them. The other picture was taken about 20 miles from McPherson. You can see the straight roads and it seems to take forever to get to the next town.

The skies were overcast today and there was the threat of rain. Bur fortunately we beat the storm in and it actually turned out to be a small shower.

One more day of riding and we get a day off. All of us will be glad for the rest.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment