Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tucamari NM to Dalhart Texas

Miles: 96
Elevation Gain: 2500 ft

We are now in Texas. This was a long day. Although the amount of feet we climbed was less than most days, it felt like we were climbing all day long. The road was a series of rollers. Unfortunately I couldn't get enough speed going down to make it up the other side. The countryside was consistent all day so there was nothing to take the mind off of the riding.

We rode past the XIT feedlot. It had to be a mile wide by a mile long. I felt sorry for the cattle in there. I wish these feedlots were more humane.

The weather was great again. We got to the hotel before the skies became menacing. There are tornado warnings around the area. And it will probably rain tonight. But I think tomorrow will be fine.

We cross into Oklahoma tomorrow. It is an easier day. Only 72 miles. I never thought I would say 72 miles is an easy day. We also leave an hour later which is a real luxury.

Oh yes. Some of the conversation every night centers on snake sightings on the road. Fortunately all I have seen are dead ones. Some of the riders have seen live ones.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment