Saturday, May 10, 2014

About to Begin

The time is almost here for the ride to begin. This morning I had to repack all of my belongings. I was a bit upset last night because I had no organizing method for packing and everything was a mess as you can see from the picture. In the middle of the night I finally figured out how I wanted to organize the clothes. So now I have a packet for each day (for the next four days.). Each packet includes the cycling clothes for the ride and the staff outfit for when I get cleaned up for the afternoon. I know it sounds like a simple thing however for some reason I struggled with it.

This morning we finished icing all the coolers and then I had to go through a checklist of where everything is stored on the truck and vans. That is actually not a simple matter because everything has it's place. So all is ready to go. Then this afternoon was orientation for the riders. As other years they are all nervous and excited. And they are all anxious to get going. Tomorrow will be a really fun and exciting day for everyone. The really great news is that the weather is relatively cool this year. At least in LA and the forecast for the desert does not look bad either.

So off we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment