Friday, May 16, 2014

Prescott to Cottonwood

On down the road we go. Norm got his first day of tour experience. He rode with Carol and helped her along the way. She is always the lead van and sets up all of the SAG stops. She is an efficient machine when she pulls in and sets up. So she put him to work and he was there to greet all the riders as they came in at the top of Mingus Mountain.

When I was a kid growing up in Idaho, I was not at all appreciative of thistles. But the ones here in Arizona are blooming and they have a very beautiful flower on them.

I really struggled going up the 12 mile climb to Mingus Mtn summit. First there were more false flats. And it was very hot and I think the altitude is starting to take its toll. So I was very happy to get to the top. The trip down into Jerome was drop dead fantastic. When the view opened up to the red rocks, they were bright red. What a sight. Worth every bit of the effort to get up the hill just to see that.

I know this is not a very interesting blog. All I can say is that I am very tired tonight. On to Flagstaff tomorrow and then some down time. Although I suspect there will be a lot of work washing vans and restocking

1 comment:

  1. Riding and washing vans is simply not possible. You go girl! That ride down to Jerome is magical

    ReplyDelete