Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dalhart to Guyman to Liberal

I spent the Dalhart to Guyman section working. I did a shift driving the truck to the SAG and then the sweep van to the hotel. The SAG was at a Dairy Queen. The generosity of people in this area was displayed at the DQ. The manager gave ice cream treats to all of the riders who came in. What a a generous thing for her to do.

When Carol and Elaine and I were finishing loading the truck in the morning, a lady came by and said: "oh, three girls and a truck." So we had her take our picture.

Today was a short 40 miles to Liberal. I was riding the whole way so I left early in order to arrive before Tom did with the truck and bags that needed unloading. It was a fantastic day for a ride. There was a slight tailwind and a smooth road with a wide shoulder and few inclines. After I was out for about 15 miles, Rik caught up with me and we rode together. Today was the crossing into Kansas. Liberal has a great air museum. Note the picture of the airmen from the 1940's sitting on the same Texas sign where we had our picture taken. The airmen would go to Texas to get away from Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment