Thursday, June 24, 2010

Brattleboro VT to Burlington MA

Miles: 91
Elevation Gain: 5800 ft

As our last big day of riding, this was a really tough one. We left Brattleboro and immediately crossed into New Hampshire and started climbing. The climbs were not as long as yesterday but there was hill after hill after hill for 35 miles. And some of them were quite steep. My legs were screaming after yesterdays climbs. Once we crossed into Mass the hills settled down a bit. However, there was still 60 miles to ride.

I was determined to do the whole ride today if at all possible. This morning there was a prediction for severe storms early in the afternoon. Believe me there were several times this afternoon when I was wishing for the storm so I would be forced off the bike. Actually I am glad I could finish but it was really hard.

As usual I was the last one in to the hotel. It was so wonderful because several of the riders were in the parking lot waiting for me. The picture is of Chris and I.

Tomorrow we ride as a group to the beach. It will be a very emotional ride. I cannot believe what we have accomplished.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Jan,
    You are my Hero.
    Great Job and Congratulations!!!
    I have been following the ride every day and I'm very excited to have the opportunity to participate in XC11.
    Please post some "overall ride thoughts" after you have time to decompress and celebrate your outstanding accomplishment.
    You should be very proud of yourself, Job well done.
    Enjoy the roll to the beach...go slow and savor it.
    I will be doing a blog of next years ride...feel free to follow along.

    All The Best,
    Jeff (XC11)

    ReplyDelete