Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Springfield to Champain Illinois

Miles: 64 of 87

Today was iffy weatherwise when we left this morning. The prediction was for severe storms later in the day. So we left an hour early. There were some threatening clouds and lots of wind but the rain only occurred late in the ride and it was not that significant.

One picture is of all the bags piled up at the hotel waiting to be loaded on the truck. The other is of a chicken coop (with chickens) at the SAG stop. Except for miles and miles of corn, that was the interesting scenery for the day.

I was really tired today. There was a headwind/crosswind. Add to that very rough roads and stormy skies, all of which gave me an excuse to cut the ride short today. Three of the riders fell on RR tracks coming into town. So actually I am just as glad I didn't ride that section.

Tomorrow is a rest day and we all need it.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. keep on pedalling. keep up your positive attitude. what you are doing is awesome. I miss you all a lot.

    see you in Erie soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Jan Go! Go Jan Go! You got it! Go, Go, Go!!!

    ReplyDelete