Friday, June 4, 2010

St Joseph to Chillacothe Missouri

Miles: 47 of 87
Elevation gain; 4800 for 87 miles

Riding a bike through Missouri is a really hard job. I have never seen so many steep rolling hills in my life. They are relentless. And they are not gentle rollers. As you can see, I didn't do very well with the rollers, heat, and humidity. I decided to live to tackle another day. I think we will be glad to leave this state. But we have another day tomorrow just like this one. A few less miles but more elevation gain.

The mental challenge of this ride is tough. It is much harder than I ever expected it to be. Not sure I had any idea what it really means to get on a bike and ride long miles day after day. The mind and the body are definitely challenged.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Jan,

    Remember, there is always a downhill after that climb. Just keep that in your mind while you are climbing and before you know it you will be biking downhill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a tough lady. We all admire your courage. Hang in there and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete