Friday, June 18, 2010

Erie PA to Hamburg NY

Miles: 78
Elevation gain: 2600 ft

What a beautiful day for a ride. The temperature was relatively cool, the sky was blue, the winds were light, and views of Lake Erie and the vineyards were great.

Yesterday was a rest day and was much needed. While finding a laundromat, Chris and I found a beauty shop and got hair cuts. That was much needed in my case. Then we went down to the Lake and enjoyed just sitting quietly by the water. We also found two very good restaurants, one with French cuisine.

I decided today that vineyards make very good Green Doors. That is a term we use when rest room facilities are not available. The views of the vineyards and the lake were magnificent. We also passed a very old historic light house.

Today we crossed into New York. The roads have shoulders on them. So that is good. However, as with all shoulders there is debris that is hard on bike tires. Cathy hit something which caused her tire and tube to blow. She had lots of help fixing it.

I rode with 5 other riders for many of the miles today. They slowed down a bit to let me keep up and I sped up so I wouldn't hold them back too much. It was good for me to push since it was a lower mileage day.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment