Thursday, June 10, 2010

Champain Illinois to Crawfordsville Indiana

Miles: 79

A beautiful day for riding, another state line crossing, and decorated helmuts. It is hard to believe that we only have two more weeks. If you look at the map picture, you can see by the black line how far we have come and how close we are to Boston.

Today was helmet decoration day. My flamingos rode all the day on top of my head. But they will end up in the luggage tomorrow because they cut off air flow. A little girl in one town really liked them.

The weather was great. Sunny all day. It got a bit hot by the time we got in but there were no winds to bother us. The countryside is starting to be more rolling again. But they are pretty mild rollers.

Today I am finding it amazing that we are riding across America. Maybe it is finally seeming like a reality. Or maybe the day of rest just made everything feel better. I also have some new shorts so my butt didn't hurt so much.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. From what I hear, from here on out, the time will fly by. Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete