Monday, June 14, 2010

Marysville Ohio to Wooster Ohio

Miles: 86 of 97
Elevation Gain: 5000 ft

I found today to be a very hard day of riding and my legs and mind couldn't quite do all of the miles. I am actually quite tired and the tiredness is slowly overtaking me. I guess I need a boost of firepower.

We left just after a rainshower and the skies were overcast most of the day. That was a good thing. I didn't ride nearly as well as yesterday but plugged along. Once again the country was quite pretty. The fields of wheat are starting to turn.

We had been warned that the last 30 miles of the 97 would be bad hills and they were not kidding. Some were fairly long and were 12% grade. I made it up a couple of them with legs burning. Then I came to three that I could no longer climb and walked up. After a while I didn't even have legs for the flats. The descents felt like the bike was going to shake apart because the road was so rough. Can you tell that I didn't enjoy this section that much.

We have a 91 mile day tomorrow. The climbing will be first thing out of town. Yippee. Won't that be fun.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment