Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hamburg NY to Canadaigua NY

Miles: 85 of 94
Elevation Gain: 5000 ft

As you can see today was a long day with lots of climbing. Each climb wasn't too bad but it was one after another (rolling hills). I was well on my way to finishing the 94 miles when the sky started to look very threatening. I was pedaling fast but you can't outrun a thunderstorm. All of a sudden I could smell the rain. A few minutes later the wind storm hit along with the rain. I was very nearly blown over. I got off the bike and luckily was abe to find a building right off the road where I could get under the eaves. The van driver came back and picked me up along with 3 other riders.

The picture of the horse is a statue that was out in the middle of a field. There was no apparent reason for it to be there.

We crossed 3000 miles today. I just can't believe that. I am starting to feel sad that this will be ending soon.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Jan, you look GREAT out there. And WOW, all those miles! Drove to the beach this weekend and the corn is shoulder high in these parts.

    ReplyDelete